A 56-year old man from Hong Kong’s Tsuen Wan District has died after he was electrocuted while using a sex doll that he purchased online. According to reports by local media, the man allegedly ignored the manufacturer’s warning, which specifically stated not to use the device while the battery was charging.

A 56-year old man from Hong Kong’s Tsuen Wan District has died after he was electrocuted while using a sex doll that he purchased online. According to reports by local media, the man allegedly ignored the manufacturer’s warning, which specifically stated not to use the device while the battery was charging.

According to a preliminary investigation, the man purchased the sex doll from a Chinese website, which offers cheaper models compared to the more expensive Japanese-made designs.

“Japan is really leading the sex doll industry with their life-like models,” said one industry analyst interviewed by local journalists. “The Chinese manufacturers have traditionally not been as good, although they are investing a lot into research and development and are catching up quickly. They are still able to offer a much better option in terms of price, which many customers find attractive.”

While investigations into the man’s death are continuing, it is not believed that the sex doll was faulty. Instead, experts believe he was electrocuted as a result of failing to follow the device’s operating procedure for safe use.

“There have been an increasing number of minor shocks from sex dolls, although this is the first recorded case of someone being electrocuted from misusing a doll,” said the analyst. “What we have observed from a number of countries is that men are ignoring the instruction to never use their dolls when their batters are being charged by mains power.”

The latest generation of sex dolls includes a variety of electronics, allowing partial movement of limbs and operation of some other bodily features. It is believed that the model the victim had purchased came complete with a variety of sound effects and a fully articulated vagina.

“The dolls are completely safe to use when they’re not plugged into the mains for charging,” said the analyst. “However, there have been some cases of men leaving them plugged in at the power point, and this is very dangerous given the potential for electric shocks.”

In the case of the deceased man, the analyst speculated about the cause of the electrocution. “What often happens is that the first time the customer receives his doll, he wants to test it out immediately and he doesn’t bother reading the instruction guide or the safety documents. He switches it on and finds that there is some battery power, but there’s only a small charge left. However, he’s too excited to wait for it to charge, and he starts testing it out.”

More Sex Doll Stuff

“Within a few minutes, that small remaining charge is exhausted, but the customer isn’t finished yet and wants to keep going. So, unfortunately, we’ve seen some cases where the customer plugs the charger into the powerpoint so that they can keep going, and that’s just reckless behavior.”

While investigations into the man’s death continue, the industry analyst hopes that the incident serves as a timely reminder to all sex doll owners to unplug their dolls from the charger before using them. “Electricity and bodily fluids are never a good mix,” he added.


YOUR REACTION?